Berkeley Board Gamers Message Board Berkeley Board Gamers Discussion Forum › Berkeley Board Gamers Summary

Berkeley Board Gamers Summary

David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 97
I thought the BBG Owned file and Want to Play Geeklist I maintained got obsolete. So here comes the brand new revamped...

Berkeley Board Gamers Summary

Available in the file section. This time, I'm leveraging all your collection data on BoardGameGeek and rolling it up to BBG members. You will find games owned, games played, top rated, # of plays, want to play etc. Basically, anything you record into BoardGameGeek can be shown at the BBG level. Only thing stopping me from displaying everything is that some aspects of the data are heavily under-utilized by us right now (for trade, want in trade, comments, preordered). If we start using those flags, I can crunch them in.

This file will be updated much more often (every 1-2 weeks), as I've set it up to sync the data automatically from BGG in < 5 minutes. I will update more often if I notice our Geek ratings, want to play etc are more frequently updated (it got boring updating the Owned file, since things rarely changed). I will not post updates when the file is refreshed on here, unless something interesting happens.

I've pulled the Owned file and will no longer update the Want to Play Geeklist.

Please post below with your BGG username if you're not in the data right now, and you'd like to contribute your numbers. And if you're already in, please keep your collection data up to date!

Now also in geeklist format.
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 98
Just for a teaser, here are the Top 20 Games for the Berkeley Board Gamers, ranked by Bayesian average (very similar to how BoardGameGeek does it), as of 2/1/10.

Rk Game BARating # of Ratings
1 Tichu 7.92 18
2 Race for the Galaxy 7.78 21
3 Agricola 7.63 19
4 Small World 7.62 18
5 Power Grid 7.52 17
6 Dominion 7.44 21
7 Ra 7.44 15
8 Imperial 2030 7.37 10
9 Puerto Rico 7.33 16
10 Through the Ages 7.32 11
11 Stone Age 7.30 18
12 Dominion: Intrigue 7.30 13
13 Imperial 7.25 11
14 The Princes of Florence 7.22 12
15 Shogun 7.21 11
16 Ticket to Ride 7.21 15
17 Through the Desert 7.18 12
18 Caylus 7.17 11
19 Tigris & Euphrates 7.17 13
20 Le Havre 7.16 11

And what do you think is the most desired game of the Berkeley Board Gamers? You'll never guess it! (I'll probably trade/sell it after I get to try it out, btw)

* BARating = [# of raters * average rating + (total # of members - # of raters) * Average Rating of all Members for all games] / (total # of members)
Julie
user 9721434
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 12
This is fabulous! My user name is jbsworth.
Jon C.
user 9589038
Napa, CA
Post #: 17
I don't believe you have my games logged, my BGG username is "happyhexagon". cool file!
A former member
Post #: 1
My BGG username is 'mbrody', feel free to pull me in.
A former member
Post #: 12
Wow, David. Thanks for this. We collectively own 1750+ games! And that is just the people in our group that have been catalogued.
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 99
I don't believe you have my games logged, my BGG username is "happyhexagon". cool file!

Hmm I thought you were Jontasmo. Who is he then?
Brad G.
user 5379546
Oakland, CA
Post #: 87
Wow, David. Thanks for this. We collectively own 1750+ games! And that is just the people in our group that have been catalogued.

And some of us have been too lazy to list all of our games on BGG! tongue
Gabe A.
galvaro
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 507

Jon's got multiple identities on BGG.
Jon C.
user 9589038
Napa, CA
Post #: 20

Jon's got multiple identities on BGG.
the old one is no longer in use, i barely used it before and decided to start fresh just a couple weeks ago. i won't make a habit of it so this one is fine for the future :)