One more update: A filmmaker will be taking brief 'reaction' shots of the group (and me) for a project that I'm working on. Your image may or may not be briefly on a family-friendly youtube video. I'll be bringing releases and anyone is free to opt out of this. It will be done simply and it'll be done quickly.
UPDATE: To those registered for this event please have the courtesy to un-RSVP within 24 hours of the event if you can't make it since there is a wait list. For those attending, please consult the cited materials to add value to the discussion. See you Saturday! Steve
Online dating has been around for at least 10 years but in some quarters remains an unacceptable means of getting to meet and know people.
What has caused so many people to investigate online dating?
What is 'success' in the dating world measured by?
With the advent of dating apps will people be drawn closer together or drift further apart emotionally?
Anyone - male or female- single or married- is invited to attend this discussion.
Here is what this meet is NOT about:
1. It isn't about telling stories about creepy guys/gals you've dated.
2. It's not to point out that there have been people mislead and swindled in the course of online dating.
3. It is not to discuss race, religion or sexual preference except as it applies to how the online dating industry has addressed these issues through its website and advertising campaigns.
Here are the study materials. The first is most insightful.
The Pew Research Internet Dating Study (October 2013)
Why The Future of Online Dating Relies on Ignoring You. http://onforb.es/1d4K04r
VIDEO Interview with Plenty of Fish (free internet dating website) CEO http://bit.ly/1d6kyzr
Another recent article on point http://politi.co/1m0apUv
The stigma of online dating http://bit.ly/1dDI31a
This Exact Type Of Woman Is Receiving More Online Dating Messages Than The Rest Of Us http://bit.ly/1cAULt3
Just a few rules:
1. Be civil
2. Be on time
3. Stay on topic
4. Speak to the moderator to reply and not to the last speaker if you disagree.
5. Read and watch the materials before attending for context and understanding.
6. Be ready to talk as this is a "no wallflower" zone.
See you there and be ready to eat, drink, share, and learn!
If this meet fills, it will be relisted in the future. This issue ain't going anywhere!