The topic is Legally Enforced Vaccinations.
Solutions for Forced Vaccinations and Flu Pandemics
VACCINE EXEMPTIONS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Mandatory Vaccinations: Precedent and Current Laws
Feel free to suggest additional articles.
(If you want to suggest a topic for a future small group meeting, when you RSVP indicate what topic.)
The format: Small group discussion for the fun, quick thinking challenge we love... After a little preparation time, two volunteer teams will then take to one side of the table or the other to argue the for and against case.
A unique, informal take on the typical debate, you will be seated at a table giving you plenty of opportunity for smaller group discussions and a chance for everyone to have their say. The evening is structured with plenty of breaks for drinks and food.
The ideal way to meet new people, enjoy intelligent conversation over a few drinks.
If you're tired of easily offending people with your craving for a good debate or simply want to discuss the important topics of the day outside of the office without being told its not the time or place, then this is the event for you. If you enjoy being a part of challenging and interesting discussions then this is the event for you.
The Controversial Topic Book Club is a community of people that want to change the world for the better. We gather to discuss/debate the issues of the world and share ideas about possible solutions.
A Devil's advocate is a way of challenging a position or perspective about a topic about which there is debate by arguing for something you do not necessarily agree with. If we are not evenly divided on the issue, we will ask for someone(s) to play Devil's Advocate.
Please arrive at 7:15pm for a 7.30pm start.
These "small group discussions/debates" are best with a not too few people and not too many people at a table to give everyone a chance to be a part of the discussion while at the same time getting a diverse number of opinions. If you are not going to be able to attend, please update your RSVP more than 24 hours before the event and let someone else have your spot. Think of it as your responsibility to the other people.
$1 entry to help pay for the group.
Bring some interesting printouts / facts about the issue!
Format of the meeting:
Tables of 6 to 7 people each for small group debate/discussion.
- Start with each person, at their optional, to say what is your viewpoint is, or what you're looking to learn.
- There will likely be two or three general positions/viewpoints.
- If most people agree, than we will ask for volunteers to take a Devil's Advocate position.
- Initially, everyone will have an opportunity to discuss why your position/viewpoint is best. - Then, everyone will have an opportunity to argue the “for and against” case. This is perfect for novice debaters, those of you who haven't debated for a while, or people that simply want to give it a go.
- After the “for and against” discussion and rebuttal, any semblance of a "semi-formal debate" would disappear and it will be a conversation.
- There will be no "debate rules" other than be nice. It will be very casual
Look forward to seeing you there