June 19, 2012
Registration & Breakfast
8:15 am - 8:30 am MT
8:30 am - 9:45 am MT
pre-registration is required)
Dorsey & Whitney LLP
1400 Wewatta St.
Denver, CO 80202-5549
We will apply for CLE credit in Colorado. Application for CLE credit in additional states may be made based on attendance.
If you have questions please contact Greg Brenton at
[masked] or via e-mail at [masked].
THE JOBS ACT: General Solicitation, Crowd Funding and the IPO On-Ramp
Far reaching legislation designed to encourage capital formation, the JOBS act combined multiple congressional proposals to:
- Create an “IPO on-ramp” that eases filing requirements for emerging growth companies both before and after an initial public offering;
- Allow, when the SEC adopts regulation due before July 4, 2012, general solicitation and advertising in exempt offerings where securities are sold solely to accredited investors;
- Create, when the SEC adopts regulation due before January 1, 2013, an exemption from registration for up to $1 million of securities sold through “crowd funding”;
- Direct the SEC, by regulation, to create a new exemption from registration (a “Regulation A+ exemption”) for public offerings of up to $50 million; and
- Increase the threshold number of stockholders used in determining when registration and public reporting is required to 2,000 record holders, but not more than 500 non-accredited holders; and except from these counting tests securities issued in crowd fundings and under benefit plans.
Join us to learn how these changes may impact your filings with the SEC and your financing plans.