Exciting news about our Summer of Gov event this Wednesday: attendees are automatically entered in a drawing for a free ticket to Personal Democracy Forum! Click here
for details or read more below.
If you can't come in person, we'll livestream the 8pm presentations at ustream.tv/channel/open-gov-nyc
When: June 3,[masked]:00 PM
Where: New Work City
200 Varick St Room 507B
New York, NY 10014
Price: $10.00 per person
Doors open at 7pm for a wine and cheese reception. At 8pm, we'll start a series of short presentations on open gov projects:
* Capitol Camp: On June 5th, the capitol in Albany throws open its doors for the first ever government-hosted unconference.
* Participation Camp: On June 27th and 28th, an unconference focused on improving how citizens participate in government.
* TabsOnObama: A user-generated approval rating and presidential report card
* SeeClickFix: Report non-emergency issues, receive alerts in your neihborhood
* The Open Planning Project: TOPP empowers civil society through software, media, and smart urban policy
* OpenMyCity: Finding the best solutions in your city
After the presentations, we will hold a random drawing to give away a ticket to Personal Democracy Forum, a $495 value. Personal Democracy Forum is the world's largest and best known conference on the intersection of technology and politics. For the sixth year, more than 1,000 top opinion makers, political practitioners, technologists and journalists will come together to network, exchange ideas, and explore how technology and the Internet are changing politics, democracy, and society.
Anyone still standing at 9pm should follow us down to Fat Cats for more fun.
So if you want to find out how to get involved in this movement, or to find volunteers for your project, sign up now. We ask for a $10 donation up front to cover space and food, but no one will be turned away.
See you there!