addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Big Data DC Message Board › Study Groups for AI andML online classes?

Study Groups for AI andML online classes?

A former member
Post #: 1
In the last meeting there was sufficient interest expressed for Study Groups for the AI and ML online classes offered by Stanford.

For the ML class my suggestion is to have on-demand weekly in person meetings on a specific day/time, say Wednesday at 7 pm. We will need a web site where members can vote on whether to have a meeting. We will need someone to volunteer to host the in-person meetings and the web site.

Is there a need for the mailing list considering that the ML class already has an online Q&A Forum?

Suggestions?

Vineet
Josh
jdw25
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
I am interested. I would find local in-person study groups a valuable supplement. This sounds like a reasonable initial plan. Doodle might help organize an (initial) date/time.

Seeing that other study groups for the courses are coordinating through (at least) either or both of meetup and/or Reddit.

see:

I would suggest creating a meetup group, and cross-posting announcement to:

I don't have room to host, but a centrally located public space with WiFi could work. Let me know if I can help.
Marc
user 15404841
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 1
I am also interested in the study group for machine learning.
A former member
Post #: 2
This topic will be discussed in the upcoming Big Data DC meeting on October 17. Hopefully we will reach a resolution.

Vineet