VoltDB 101 Lab Agenda:
In this hands-on lab session VoltDB’s Field CTO, Ryan Betts will lead us through how to quickly import and extract from a high speed NewSQL database to a slower speed traditional SQL Database. Participants will learn how to take advantage of NewSQL sharding to consume data as fast as possible and then extract it to a traditional database in a transactionally secure manner.
Interactive Workshop Schedule:
- A brief introduction to VoltDB
- Building a VoltDB application in under 30 minutes
- Building a web-application in front of VoltDB
- Adding real-time ETL to a VoltDB application
Attendees that wish to participate / follow along with building a VoltDB application should arrive with VoltDB community edition downloaded. The requirements are available at:
http://voltdb.com/docs/UsingVoltDB/ChapGetStarted.php. For Windows users, you will need Linux 64bit VM environment. Mac or Linux users can go native but VM is also recommended.
What you will get out of this hands-on session:
- Tactile experience with the technology
- A guided test-drive - because its always better to play with something rather than just hear about it
- Networking with folks in the BI community solving similar problems