Two Beautiful Scenic Bike Rides in one Weekend!!!
$80.00 per person double occupancy (plus tax),
for two nights OR
$55.00 per person double occupancy (plus tax),
for one night
Enjoy the beauty of the White Mountains while you Ride the Franconia Notch Bike Trail and ride or hike along the Kancamagus Trail
All in one weekend!!!
Your Weekend will Include:
- 2 Nights Lodging at the Kancamagus Lodge in Lincoln, NH
- Continental Breakfast Saturday & Sunday mornings
-Juice, Coffee, Tea, Assorted Fruit, Muffins, Danish,Toast & Cold Cereal.
(Guests may upgrade to a full hot breakfast for $5)
- Group ride on the Franconia Notch Bike Trail on Saturday
- Ride or Hike along the Kancamagus Trail on Sunday
- 10% off Entrees in Brittany's or CJ's Friday or Saturday evening.
- Indoor Pool
- Game Room
- Guest Laundry
- Complimentary WiFi
- Brittany’s Cafe & CJ’s Penalty Box are on site.
- Enjoy views of Loon's South Peak from your room, Walk to Lincoln Town Centre for shopping. The Common Man restaurant is just steps away from your door or other popular options are Gordi's Restaurant or Woodstock Station.
After Breakfast on Saturday we will meet in the parking lot at the Cannon Mountain Tramway at 10am..we plan to be on the bikes for 10:30am... From there we will ride the Franconia Notch Bike Trail.
The trail is approximately 8.8 miles in each directions so our total miles will be 17.6 miles. I recommend you use either road bikes, or hybrids.... the path is paved and has rolling hills. I also require that you wear a helmet.
The Franconia Notch Recreation Path contains hills, bike-walk areas and an elevation gain of approximately 800 feet from south to north. http://www.cannonmt.com/recpath.html
If you would prefer not to bring your bike they do have Bike rentals at the Tram here is their website: http://www.cannonmt.com/bike_rentals.html
Once we complete the bike path (which should not take us more then two hours) we will break for lunch... and eat at the top of Cannon.. To get there we will Ride the Aerial Tramway to the Summit of Cannon Mountain. The cost is $14 per person. Either bring your lunch with you or there is a cafeteria & bar at the top of the mountain.
An 80-passenger cable car brings visitors to the 4,080-foot summit of Cannon Mountain in under ten minutes. On a clear day, you can see the mountains of four states and Canada! At the summit, you'll find spectacular scenic walking paths, a 360 degree observation deck, a cafeteria, bar and restrooms.
- Soar through the air to remarkable heights
- New Hampshire's highest lift-accessed point
- An exciting ride for all ages
- Stunning views of New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York and Canada
- A must-see attraction!
After we complete our adventure we will head to the Woodstock Inn Station & Brewery in North Woodstock, NH.. I will make a reservation.
For those that are interested in participating in the ride but not staying overnight please indicate that you are only doing the ride in the questions you answer at time of sign up.
On Sunday we will meet at 10am and either ride to the top of the Kancamagus Trail (13 miles to the top,) a total of 26 miles (leaving directly from the Lodge). Or for those interested in doing a moderate level hike we may offer that too.
Payment Info for Franconia Notch Weekend:
- Please see payment instructions when you RSVP, it will be in the first question that pops up.
- There is a $30.00 non refundable fee. (If for some reason "We" cancel the trip your deposit will be returned). RSVP does not guarantee you are going on the trip, we must receive your deposit. Deposit must be received by May 21st to reserve your space. This will be a first come first serve trip so who ever pays first gets the spaces.
- FINAL PAYMENT IS NOT DUE TIL YOU ARRIVE @ the KANCAMAGUS LODGE ON June 8th
- Please make sure you read all emails concerning this trip. Let me know if you have any questions.
- If a waiting list forms sign up anyway, we may be able to secure more rooms.