23 flat miles for advanced beginners. Route starts at Irvine City Hall riding to Orange County Great Park and back. Expect multiple stops to explore and socialize.
- Leaving City Hall Parking south on San Diego Creek Trail to University Dr.
- Going through Mason Park then through Sand Canyon Wash Trail heading east, connecting to the bike trail along University Dr going over the pedestrian bridge continuing on Jeffery heading north past Alton.
- Making a right onto the San Diego Creek Trail then leaving the trail on Sand Canyon Ave heading north.
- First short Stop at Starbucks on Sand Canyon and Irvine Center Drive.
- Continuing back on Sand Canyon Ave heading north. "Road is under construction, we need to stay together" going under the 5 FWY then making a sharp right past the FWY to Marine Way
- Taking Marine Way to the end, then making a left turn into OC Great Park. We will take a longer rest to explore the park and its facilities.
- Leaving OC Great Park back on Marine Way then making a right on Sand Canyon Ave heading north to Irvine Blvd.
- Stopping at Starbucks on Irvine Blvd and Sand Canyon for 10 min.
- Taking City Stroll to Lamplighter heading west connecting to the Jeffery Rd. bike path heading south.
Taking Jeffery Rd south connecting to Walnut trail along the railroad tracks heading west.
- Making a left on Harvard going south connecting to Peters Canyon Trail at Warner
- Taking Peters Canyon Trail back to City Hall parking.
Clicklink to see route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2843591
Make sure you arrive on time. Weather is warm so early rides are desirable.
Bring extra tube with you
Set up your bike the day before for any last minute attention.
Enjoy the Ride...........