Join Switzerland for a Bike-To-Work Week Forum and Reception on “Building a Bicycle-Friendly World.” Swiss and American experts from government and the private sector will discuss how to make our communities more livable with a commitment to bicycling. Speakers will include:
- Mayor Elmar Ledergerber from Zurich, Switzerland, (“The Bicycling Mayor,”)
- D.C. Councilmember Tommy Wells,
- Thomas Gotshi, of Rails-to-Trails Conservancy,
- Michelle Kranz from Swiss Tourism and
- Congressman Earl Blumenauer.
Topics will include infrastructure, financing, education and safety, as well as benefits and challenges. Co-sponsored with WABA and Wholeness for Humanity - (required to access Swiss grounds) Please also RSVP to Swiss Embassy at e-mail: [masked] or call Suzanne: [masked]