Jul 19, 2012 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Growing the NYC Biotech Ecosystem
Join us Thursday, July 19 at 6:30 pm for a panel discussion of growing the NYC biotech ecosystem at the NYU-Poly Varick Street Incubator (137 Varick St, Floor 2, Soho, New York, NY 10013).
Experts in venture capital, technology transfer, and licensing including:
- Andrew Koopman (manager of New Venture Development at New York University, moderating),
- Liam Ratcliffe, M.D., Ph.D. (partner at New Leaf Venture Partners) and
- Michael Lamprecht (co-founder of Cellanyx Diagnostics)
will discuss topics such as:
- How a person can move from an idea for a drug or medical device to an impactful product;
- Resources in NYC to assist life science entrepreneurs in starting companies; and
- The strengths of the NYC region compared to Silicon Valley, San Diego and Boston regions.
Panel discussion will be followed by Q&A and networking.
We hope to see you there.