Help support your MeetupChip in
One day my friend, who started this group, asked me to take over and suddenly I found myself organizing a Meetup group.
I think New York has soooooo many restaurants and most people tend to stay in their comfort zones by going to the same ones all the time. I read that on average a new restaurant opens everyday. So, that being said, this group is pretty simple. We are about finding new foods, experiencing new things, and meeting great people along the way.
A few points:
1. I will keep the Meetup event groups small (less than 20 people and usually around 10). We will be able try a lot of different and better restaurants. I have experienced some of the other larger groups and it is hard to find good restaurants for 20 plus people. They end up scheduling the same places all the time.
2. I will schedule events without confirmed dates to see how many people are interested. Once there is a decent enough interest, I will confirm the date.
3. Please do your best to show up to events on time.
4. Please change your RSVP at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot make the event. I am not super strict about kicking out people for not showing up. However, if I schedule a Meetup at a restaurant that has strict reservation rules, I will let you know and please act accordingly.
5. Please bring cash to pay for your portion.
6. Let me know if you would like to be an event organizer. I am sure a lot of people know great and delicious places. I also encourage people to suggest Meetups.
Now let's enjoy ourselves!
9,458 Best of The Best
1,787 BBQ Lovers
2,054 CJK Experts
5,324 Ethnic Food Lovers