The Brooklyn Vegan Potluck Group Message Board › All Dolled Up RoundUP (including your favorite NYC vegan eats and new Trader

All Dolled Up RoundUP (including your favorite NYC vegan eats and new Trader Joe finds)

Demetrius
aqknight
Astoria, NY
Post #: 869
Thanks to Andy and Matt for sharing a great lunch yesterday at Tiffin Wallah. Reminded me to go back and finish my Top 10 recommend vegan things to eat in NYC. Though what could be even better is learning what YOUR favorite entree, appetizer and dessert in the metro are – and why.

Also thanks to Ramona, Susan, Doug, Suze, Gail, Erika, Anji, Jade and Nir for sharing dinner Friday night at the charming new home Rockin’ Raw AND the emerging Buddha Chocolate. While we all marveled over the nachos, the lasanga won my full attention Friday.

If you go to the Boston VegFest, please look for me at the Vegucated table. And get over to Peace o’ Pie – best vegan pizza I’ve had ANYWHERE.

Rocker Shair reported Trader Joe’s now has kale chips (saw them myself last Tuesday in the Chelsea store and barely RESISTED them). She also spotted some vegan cocoa!

Mucho appreciation to all you Netflix DVD accountholders saving AND rating Vegucated so it can join their VIP ranks! And further thanks for sharing this request with ALL your peeps, the veg*n and omnivorous. Any so-called carnivorous pees will simply find their eating Gardein and Beyond Meat in due time!

And before I forget again, please hook yourself up with the fantastic fig focaccia bread at Eataly's bread counter WITH the balsamic drizzle. It's friggin' A MA ZING, and cheap gourmet by my standards.

DEALS
Save 10% on all VeganEssentials.com orders with coupon code mofo
Check out this page weekdays especially for vegan deals around the U.S.A. (no account necessary)

COMMUNITY CALENDAR

This week
Tue Oct 16 7 pm Veganosis: Vegan Artists Can Save the World
Wed Oct 17 6:30 pm HSUS Grassroots Meeting in Suffolk County [LI]
Wed Oct 17 7:30 pm Dinner at Crust & Crumble [PA]
Fri Oct 19 7 pm submit your vegan recipes for Karuna Kuisine cookbook project! [LI]
Sat Oct 20 10:30 am Farm Sanctuary NYC Walk for Farm Animals
Sat Oct 20 Noon Help the vegan chili win! And support a great cause at Ruth's Chili Cook-Off! [LI]

Next week
Mon Oct 22 6:30 pm Let's See the Documentary The Whale [PA]
Mon Oct 22 7 pm Vegan Food Swap [PA]
Thu Oct 25 6:30 pm VegOut Loves Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary's Jenny Brown!
Thu Oct 25 7 pm Vegan Drinks LIV
­Sat Oct 27 12:30 pm Let's Kick the Final Bucket Off Our NYC Bucket List! [BK]
Sat Oct 27 Noon Farm Sanctuary Walk for Animals in Philadelphia
Sat Oct 27 5:30 pm HealthyPlanet's Eco Cafe with Dr. Helen Caldicott & expert panel [LI]

Beyond
Tue Oct 30 7 pm Pre-Halloween (Oct 30) Dinner at 3 Brothers [LI]

Tue Nov 6 6:30 pm Cook vegetarian! [White Plains]

Sat Nov 17 1 pm enjoy a raw vegan meal from live island cafe [LI]
Sat Nov 17 7 pm Join me for dinner at Miss Rachel's Pantry [PA]

EATUP MESSAGE BOARD's new posts
Jivamuktea Vegan Cafe seeks new General Manager
Roommate wanted
Roommate for Astoria apartment sought (December 1 move in)

Squash ya later ;-)
Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP
meetup.com/nyceatup

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes connecting for community and compassionate cuisine around the New York City metro and beyond. Our history spans 10 years, some 450+ events and sports over 1,700 members.