add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

BLAZE >> Backpacking Gay Men of NYC Message Board › Help with a worthy cause, please!

Help with a worthy cause, please!

A former member
Post #: 3
Hey there fellow gay hikers,

I hope you are all well.

I’d like to share with you that I am taking part in the 285 miles Braking AIDS ride (Boston to NYC, September 27-29, 2013) to support Housing Works, the largest grassroots AIDS organization in the U.S.A. I lost a brother to AIDS in 2000 and I'd like to do something so other don't have to deal with the same situation.

Housing Works' mission is to end the dual crisis of homelessness and AIDS through relentless advocacy, the provision of lifesaving services, and the entrepreneurial businesses that sustain their hard efforts.
This gives hope and a dignifying new chance to fellow members of society that truly and badly need it bad and it’s a laudable program/organization with excellent results. I fully support them in many ways, this being just one of them.

I have committed to raise $5,000 and that's where your help is needed! I thought that as gay men and since this is still an issue that affects our community in particular, I'd ask you to please support me with a generous, tax-deductible donation. Ideally I’d like to be done with my fundraising by May 15 so I can concentrate on my training and ride on, as this is going to be rather demanding and take up a lot of my spare time. It’s a big commitment!

I won’t lie to you, I am nervous about this challenge as it’s going to be a tough one to accomplish. However, with your help and support, this is going to be easier and the goal is so rewarding in itself… So here is the deal, I’ll do all the training and riding while you can experience this by simply supporting me from the comfort of your sofa! How is that for a fair compromise? 

If your company has a matching gift program, you can multiply your gift by taking an extra moment to provide the information needed.

Please, click here or use the link below to support this challenge and Housing Works.

Finally, please forward this email or post my link on Facebook. The awareness we raise is also very important.

Thank you for supporting me - and Housing Works!

Jose Luis