We'll discuss the experience of creating a workflow tool called Fenix Web Server (http://fenixwebserver.com). Fenix is a beautifully simple desktop application that serves static websites and (optionally) shares sites publicly for peer review. The app overcomes several commonly overlooked workflow bottlenecks that occur in most web projects.
The discussion will include:
• Review why time & resources were invested in workflow tooling.
• Overview of available technologies.
• Decisions that drove development & specific technology choices.
• Tech stack review: Node-Webkit, npm module choices, HTML5, CSS, installation utilities, & development patterns.
• Where to start building your own workflow tools.
Attendees will leave this talk with an introspective view of their own workflow and tips to start building their own productivity-enhancing apps.
We are actively seeking a food & beverage sponsor for this meetup. If your company is interested please reach out to us.
Corey Butler is a developer, consultant, & serial tech entrepreneur (as well as the co-organizer of this group).
Join us at Buffalo Billiards (2 blocks south on 6th) after the talk for drinks and socializing.