Bleeding Edge Web Message Board › Sencha Meetup News

Sencha Meetup News

Brian M.
bmoeskau
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hey everyone,

Thanks to all who made it to the Sencha Touch demo last week! We all had a good time and hopefully it was informative. A few exciting news items...

We now have an official group website: sencha-austin.org

While meetup.com will still be used for scheduling the meetups, I wanted an additional web presence where we could post anything that might be interesting to the group, in addition to content from the meetups. Check out the site, and if you have a Tumblr account please like/reblog/follow it!

If you read the first post there, you'll see that I've also created a short survey. I'd like to establish a regular monthly meeting night, and I'm gathering feedback on the best time and place to meet. Please answer the survey and let me know what you think.

We now have a code repository for the group as well, hosted on Github. We can keep project and demo code from the meetups hosted there for reference. For example, from my Sencha Touch overview last week I posted my Keynote presentation, my "simple-demo" app that I live-coded during the meeting, and the "citybars" app created by James Pearce of Sencha as a more polished Sencha Touch demo app. Feel free to fork or watch the repo (love how everything is social now :)

Finally, our group also now has a Twitter account (@SenchaATX) so make sure and follow us there to keep up with the latest and greatest goings on.

Did I mention there's a survey?? Take it now, before you forget!

Also if you have any ideas for what you'd like to see in future meetups, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian