Bleeding Edge Web Message Board › Sencha Meetup Update

Sencha Meetup Update

Brian M.
bmoeskau
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hey Everyone,

I have a few announcements, sorry for the second email in a week...

• In the future, I'm going to start using Twitter (@SenchaATX) and the new blog (sencha-austin.org) for general announcements (like this one) that aren't directly related to a specific meetup. If you'd like to keep abreast of the latest and greatest news, please follow one or both of those. Many people who join the meetup group don't necessarily care about all the updates, so I want to make sure that non-essential updates are truly opt-in going forward. (As an aside, please feel free to liberally retweet our announcements... ;)
  • I'm going to close the meetup survey I sent out last week this Friday. I've gotten plenty of responses, but if you haven't replied yet and you do have an opinion on the future of the meetup, please respond before Friday! (spoiler: it's looking like downtown is officially out...)
  • Sencha has agreed to help promote our meetup ahead of SenchaCon '11, which is going to be in Austin October 23-26. I'd like to plan a special meetup of some sort for one of those days and maybe get some of the Sencha team to drop by for a guest appearance. I think we could make it a social type of meetup, and I'm open to suggestions as to the format and/or location. The conference will be at the downtown Hilton next to the convention center, so some place within walking distance would be ideal. Anyone have any leads or contacts that might help with that?
  • I've already had one offer from a meetup member who would like to demo a project he's working on related to Sencha Touch, which is fantastic. If anyone else is interested in doing something like that please let me know. It could be anything from a 10 minute demo to a full presentation using the entire meetup, you let me know!

I think that's it. After Friday I'll post the survey results to Twitter and the blog and announce the date of the August meetup. As always, if you have any feedback or suggestions for me, please let me know!

Thanks,

Brian