As part of Bangalore Android User Group Teach Initiative we are conducting our next workshop in FSMK Summer camp, in association with Free Software Movement Karnataka. This will be a one day workshop aimed to help Students get started with Android. This workshop is only for Students who registered for FSMK Summer camp Android workshop please don't RSPV if you are not participating in the FSMK Summer camp, you can know more at http://camp.fsmk.org/
The Session will be divided into 2 parts Theory and Practical, here is a small overview of the topics which will be covered
=> Introduction to android/mobile technology
=> Android architecture
=> Anatomy of android apps, folder structure IDE and perspective
=> Android Components (Activities, Services, Broadcast receiver, Content provider etc)
=> Designing android apps
=> Hands on Session
=> Taking apps to Android marketplace and Carrier advice
Please RSVP for the event.
Note: This event is only For Students who registered for FSMK Summer Camp if you are not participating in the event Please don't RSVP you will not be allowed to attend this session.
If you want to conduct similar sessions in your college please drop us a mail on [masked]
Prerequisite For Workshop please make sure you follow following steps to setup your development environment.
- Go Here and Download ADT Bundle http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
- Extract the bundle open Eclipse/ADT
- Try a basic hello world program from this link http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/creating-project.html (only do Create Project With Eclipse Section)
- Run your app by creating an AVD http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/running-app.html see (Run on Emulator Section)
Dont use Command line to build or Run, if you want to give a shot please go ahead. Please Make Sure you have Android 2.3.3 version with your Android Developer Tool. To add one go to
- Eclipse -> Windows -> Android SDK Manager
- From SDK Manager Select Android 2.3.3 (API 10) (If already Checked no need to install anything new)
- Click on Install Package button in right corner
- In next Screen Select Accept all Radio button
- Click on Install
- Restart your Eclipse ADT.