The Bangalore Android User Group - [ B.A.U.G ] Message Board Questions / Help Required › App STUB to redirect user to Google Play application page

App STUB to redirect user to Google Play application page

Rupal J.
user 13790363
Surat, IN
Post #: 2
Hi,

I wrote small application which using "market://details?id=<Packagenam­e>" URI to redirect user to Google Play Application detail page. Higher version of my application is already in Google Play from couple of months. Recently I am observing for couple of devices when I launch Google Play shows me "Uninstall" and "Open" option. User is not getting "Update" option at all. Has anyone of you came across such issue?
Ankit
user 32869702
Bangalore, IN
Post #: 13
Can you give us link of your app? Cross check following

• Have you changed versionCode in you manifest file?
  • Have you published new apk or it is still as draft apk in developer console?

Dheeraj B.
DheeB
Bangalore, IN
Post #: 12
If all else is proper and still no update. Then its due to a particular bug in Play Store. Titanium backup has this option where it fixes it by installing a "market helper".

Either, you look up the bug and check symptoms
OR
(Recommended)try Titanium Backup and use the market helper (found in menu). If that solves your update problem, then your hitting the bug.
Rupal J.
user 13790363
Surat, IN
Post #: 3
Google requested all criteria for Manifest files are proper.

This seems to be Google Play specific issue.

Clearing Google Play Store cache and clear data under Settings helped.