Success in business for our Members. Individual business success is up to the individual business owner, so what can we offer? Exposure and Learning.
Our weekly focused Buzz Topic allows each member the opportunity to use our group as a human bullhorn, bringing attention to their business, event or cause throughout the Ft. Collins / Loveland community.
Through our weekly Professional Development Presentation (just 6 minutes long, and hyper-focused on immediately actionable suggestions), members have the opportunity to expand and improve their "toolbox" of business skills.
Who Are We?
We are a strong group of business owners and sales professionals who meet every Wednesday, at 7:30 am, at the International Appetite Bistro in Old Town Fort Collins (formerly we met at the Egg & I at Harmony & Lemay).
Each participant has exclusive representation in their business field- so long as they show up. Please review the membership to see if your field is represented. If it is not, come visit one of our meetings!
If you have any questions about possible overlap, we encourage you to contact one of our leaders.
Our group is always growing and changing. We are seeking business-people who appreciate the value of regularly networking with high-quality, like-minded professionals.
7:30-7:35 Get food, get seated.
7:35-7:45 Sequentially around the room, each member will stand, and have precisely 20 seconds to rattle off their laundry list of everyone they talked to about the previous week's "Buzz Topic" Their list will be tallied and recorded (by me). They will be cut off at the end of 20 seconds. This ought to be fun.
7:45-7:51 6-minute Professional Development Presentation which will:
- be highly focused
- be immediately actionable
- not be about selling your business or service
7:51-7:57 A 6-minute Q&A about the Professional Development Presentation
7:57-8:00 Coffee reload
8:00-8:04 Sequentially around the room, each member will stand and state their Name, Company & Industry, then sit back down. For example, "Tim Cordodor, Vista Solutions; IT for Business"
8:04-8:07 3-minute presentation presenting the focused message for the upcoming week's Buzz Topic. This is meant to be short. Members only need to know enough to mention it in passing- not explain it in detail and "close the sale"
These topics may be:
- Business-related, such as a promotion or special
- Special Events
- A charity or cause
8:07-8:10 3-minute Q&A about the Buzz Topic
8:10-8:30 General Networking
We have only a handful of rules, but we take them seriously:
- Show up- Goal attendance is 3-out-of-4 meetings. If a member misses 3 meetings in a row, they are removed from the Meetup Group, forfeit "claim to their seat" and their industry is considered "not represented", allowing for a new member to take their place.
- Actively Participate- get to know us, make introductions, NETWORK.
- We are here to promote and strengthen our businesses, and thereby already have a business. Offering "business opportunities" including MLM, DM, or otherwise is strictly forbidden within the format of the group.
Meetings are limited by our 30 seats, and there is a $8 flat fee per person ($6 if you purchase a punch card) which covers the exceptional breakfast buffet.