B'more on Rails Message Board › Entry-level RoR Software Developer
Metering Systems Inc., a small company based near Annapolis, MD, is looking for an entry-level Ruby on Rails developer for contract work. We assist large utility companies and industrial manufacturers in interpreting their energy usage and finding ways to minimize energy cost. The ideal individual will be available to work full-time for 2-3 months and perform application maintenance thereafter. Candidates with part-time availability (~ 20 hours per week) will also be considered. The individual will be required to work independently with minimal supervision.
Remote work is possible, but occasional meetings will be required near Annapolis.
The ideal individual will be
- Comfortable in a Linux deployment environment.
- Able to manage a mysql database with millions of rows.
- Able to write Rails applications with a RESTful interface design, a customer-facing API, background processing, and automated testing. Minimal front-end design skills are required.
- Able to maintain an existing Rails application and add new features as required.
- Able to use, or willing to learn, the git revision control system.
Metering Systems Inc currently maintains the Web Utility Reporting System, or WURS, that can be accessed at https://data.meters.u... . More general information about the company can be obtained at http://www.meters.us... .
Interested developers should contact Dee Allgood (dee at meters.us) or call 301-858-0888.