B'more on Rails Message Board › Messages not sent sending to ruby-85@meetup.com

Messages not sent sending to ruby-85@meetup.com

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi. I've sent a couple messages to the address listed for Bmore on Rails, from my gmail account, which is also my meetup.com account, but I never see them. It could be doing a good job of hiding them since I'm the sender, but I actually think they never send. The email doesn't bounce.

This is the address I used: ruby-85@meetup.com

Did anyone see a message from my about Rubynation carpooling. Did it send?
Chris S.
eee.c
Group Organizer
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 22
It didn't get sent.

That is the correct email address. I didn't get any bounces either :-\

Per the docs­, "Only members who are signed up for mailing list can send messages to the list." Are you subscribed to the list?

You might also try changing email addresses associated with your account. I think I may have resolved a similar problem in the past by trying that.
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Chris, I got no bounces either. I get email from this address to "andyatkinson@gmail.com", I sent it from that email account, and I verified that "andyatkinson@gmail.com" is the email address associated to my meetup.com account. The only other thing I can think of is originally I signed up with a different email address "andy@webandy.com" and have since changed it (for this reason). I discussed this with Jon Trupiano the last time I wanted to post a message and we didn't resolve it either. This is really irritating because in this case I posted before Rubynation about carpooling with some Baltimore people since I noticed via twitter several people were driving, and the message was never delivered, thus we killed the earth with more CO2. :)

Actually I'd love to get to the bottom of this because I generally think Meetup is a good tool, but the email discussion is much much lighter compared to other RUGs I'm part of (that aren't on meetup) and I wonder if this is realted. There is no bounce so members posting to this list would never be notified of failed delivery.
John T.
jtrupiano
San Diego, CA
Post #: 19
fyi I get bounces when I send from the wrong email address.