B'more on Rails Message Board › College Park Ruby on Rails Hack Night or Day?

College Park Ruby on Rails Hack Night or Day?

Bob
SocialMatchbox
Washington, DC
Post #: 133
I've part of a small, but growing, group of Ruby on Rails developers in College Park during the week and I would like to get a group together for a hack night that doesn't require driving or taking metro into DC or Baltimore. A big part of the reason we are doing this is to build more interest in Ruby on Rails and local web and software development/companies. We've got a space on the University of Maryland Campus that we can reserve in the evenings/afternoons and on weekends. If there is anyone else interested in getting together occasionally or regularly I would be interested in chatting. My team is talking about and researching things right now including MongoDB/CouchDB, Twisted/Node.js/Memcached, server monitoring, and a wide variety of topics in Ruby on Rails ranging from interacting with platform API's (facebook, etc.) to getting a couple of open source projects started. We have the benefit of the CS community at UMd across the driveway so there are some good people who will be joining in. If you are interested message me here or send a note to bmoreonrails@neelbauer.com. I'm headed back from the bay area and will be back on Monday - I would be game for grabbing a cup of coffee with a few people to talk particulars later in the week or the week after.

Bob

PS-As mentioned above, we're doing stuff with Ruby on Rails but are in no way limiting the discussion to Ruby or Rails. Last night I had a good chat with one of the core devs for Padrino and one of the guys from Engine Yard here in Mountain View where I've spent the last couple of weeks. A lot of the inspiration from this came from seeing how many non-presentation oriented Ruby get togethers they have going out here. And just to emphasize that this is more about hacking and less about one thing or another, we've got some Python and PHP and JS coders in the mix too. This should be a fun discussion.