B'more on Rails Message Board › Automate your infrastructure with Chef - Training in DC this month!

Automate your infrastructure with Chef - Training in DC this month!

Nathen H.
nathenharvey
Annapolis, MD
Post #: 24
Hello!

You may have been to my presentation back in July and found yourself wanting to learn more about Chef, the automation and configuration management framework.

Attending Chef training is one way to jump start your learning. I'd like to invite you and your team to attend a Chef Introductory Workshop that I'll be teaching in DC later this month.

http://www.eventbrite...­

Please use the promotional code "meetup" to receive a 10% discount off the cost of the class.

This Chef Introductory Workshop is a hands-on training class for getting familiar with Chef for performing common automation tasks. By the end of this workshop, you'll be able to:

• Set up a local workstation with Chef and connect to a Chef Server.
  • Describe the steps performed during a chef-client run
  • Describe Chef's Authentication Cycle
  • Build Chef roles using the Ruby DSL
  • Manipulate configuration through data in attributes
  • Use Chef's search API for dynamic configuration
  • List a number of additional resources that are available for help

Join us on Tuesday, January 15th for this one-day workshop and begin your journey towards automation with Chef. This class will be held at MicroTek, 1101 Vermont Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC.

Registration and other details for the class can be found online at the URL below:

http://www.eventbrite...­

Thanks again for your support of Opscode and we look forward to seeing you in class!

Don't forget to use promotional code "meetup" to receive a 10% discount off the cost of the class.

- Nathen Harvey
Technical Community Manager, Opscode
@nathenharvey
#LearnChef