align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

B'more on Rails Message Board › Funded B'more startup at Baltimore ETC at JHU looking for local Rails talent

Funded B'more startup at Baltimore ETC at JHU looking for local Rails talent

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello all ...

I just came across this site and thought it might be a good way to find some local talent looking for work. I run a small funded startup out of the Baltimore Emerging Technology Center at the 33rd st. JHU facility and we are looking to hire one or two experienced developers.

We had previously contracted with a great Rails firm, but are looking to bring the development work internal ... or at least local. We are building a tool for college career center management and currently possess a fully working beta and marketing site. However, we recently received funding to press forward with further development and have a great deal of upgrades we are looking to add to the software. The program is called NextStep and can be seen at www.nextstephq.com.

I'd like the person(people) we hire to be able to work out of our office, but I'm certainly open to partial telecommuting. We are a young, fun, and energetic group and are looking for similar people to help us launch our company.

If no one here is looking for work, can anyone help me find a good place to start. The bad part in contracting out the early work is that I'm a bit lost for what to look for moving forward.

Thanks,

Jeff