addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

B'more on Rails Message Board › Open source projects!!

Open source projects!!

rafik
user 8114488
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
hello ,
I am a ROR fan , i keep practicing and coding in Ruby during my free time, it is just AMAZING!!
anyway i would like to improve my skills and contribute to an easy open source project.
any ideas where to start from?
thank you everybody..
Patrick P.
user 6564355
Reston, VA
Post #: 1
Are there any particular areas of interest for projects you have? There are a lot of different types of open source projects, ranging from applications like CMS/blogs (like Radiant/BrowserCMS) to libraries (like HAML/SASS) to frameworks (like Rails itself).

John T.
jtrupiano
San Diego, CA
Post #: 17
I've always found it easiest to contribute to a project that you actually use. Which libraries do you find yourself using? Do they bug you in any particular way? Dive into the source code to get a feel for how easy it would be to change.

If you don't have any particular pain points yourself, just check the github account for the project. If it's a widely used library you're very likely to find many open issues. Hop into the #irc channel for that project and start asking around, see who's working on it, ask for pointers.

-John