addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Baltimore Asian Club Message Board › We would like to hear from you

We would like to hear from you

Noralyn
user 11871936
Columbia, MD
Post #: 5
Happy New Year folks. As the new dawn begins for the BAASC Meet-up, we would like to hear from you all your ideas on how we can improve our circle. Your contribution and input is important to our success as a Meet-up group, so we are here with open minds and open ears to hear you. This group will not run by itself, but it will only be better and even more successful with your contribution and support. We created this group with you in mind. So, let's hear it Balmer Asian Americans, what direction should we go from here? Are you willing to be part of our group success? What other events interest you and would like to participate in? Sharing is caring folks, so let's hear it. :) We look forward to still meeting a few more of you old and new members. Don't miss an awesome Jazz Brunch on the 16th at Fells Point. See you all there. cool

Yours Truly,
Noralyn
A former member
Post #: 2
Happy New Year Baltimore Asian-American Social Club Family!!!!!

Well said Noralyn and I fully agree.

It is a New Year of great hopes, expectations, and opportunities to build on blessings, success, friendships and make new ones. What better way to accomplish such but to share your ideas on events for the club. If you have an idea of something that would be cool for the club to do share it in the "Idea" section.

If you are worried about hosting and organizing an idea once it becomes a posted event as organizers we will help you and support you where possible to ensure your event is a success. Just ask either Noralyn, Jo, or myself. We have your back, we are a club after all. biggrin

Everyone here helps to make the club a real success through your participation in various events and suggesting event ideas.

Thank you to all members old and new that have been actively involved with the club thus far and for providing all of the great and very fun times and memories we have shared. I hope you continue to do so as we head into 2011.

Be safe everyone and stay blessed.

-Jacobia
A former member
Post #: 3
I don't know if anyone in the group likes hockey or basketball, but if there are people who enjoy the Caps or the Wizards and would be willing to take a game in, I would suggest a Caps or Wiz game w/ dinner & happy hour down in DC. Lots of good places to eat/drink down near the Verizon Center & Chinatown. I can also get us a group rate since I have season tickets.
Noralyn
user 11871936
Columbia, MD
Post #: 6
Sounds good you want to set it up? Yes, dinner at Chinatown sounds good too. What's the date you got in mind?

Noralyn
A former member
Post #: 4
How about we split. I'll work out the tickets and you work out dinner/etc? Sound ok? Some dates to throw out there...Feb 12 12:30 Caps game or 7:00 Wiz game, Feb 26 8:00 Wiz game, Mar 13 12:30 Caps game.

It would help if I could get an idea how many people would even be interested.
A former member
Post #: 5
At this point, I would say let's try for Feb 26 (Wizs/Mavs) or Mar 5 (Wiz/Wolves). It'll be much easier to get Wiz tickets than Caps tickets.
Joe N.
user 12739006
Washington, DC
Post #: 29
It would be fun to see Dirk Nowitski in action. For fun, we could do side bets on how much the Wiz will lose by :-)
A former member
Post #: 6
That sounds like a plan. Let's try for the Feb 26.

So, what's the best way to do this? Is it better to get a set # of tickets and do it as a "first come first serve" sort of event, or take reservations and then try for the tickets after we know how many. I'll get the cheapest tickets I can. Unfortunately, with the second option, I can't guarantee how many tickets I'll be able to get. The tickets will come straight from the Monument Sports group at a discount...no fees.

Some ideas on restaurant selection, Tony Cheng's Seafood Rest, Asian Spice, Ming's Rest...let me know if you have suggestions.
A former member
Post #: 7
That sounds like a plan. Let's try for the Feb 26.

So, what's the best way to do this? Is it better to get a set # of tickets and do it as a "first come first serve" sort of event, or take reservations and then try for the tickets after we know how many. I'll get the cheapest tickets I can. Unfortunately, with the second option, I can't guarantee how many tickets I'll be able to get. The tickets will come straight from the Monument Sports group at a discount...no fees.

Some ideas on restaurant selection, Tony Cheng's Seafood Rest, Asian Spice, Ming's Rest...let me know if you have suggestions.

The Feb 26 game is apparently pretty popular. I'm going to try for the March 5th game.
A former member
Post #: 8
March 5th, Wizs/Timberwolves 7 pm. I figure we can grab some dinner in DC and then head over to the game. Tickets are $55 per person, lower level corner. Sect 113. Seats are spread through 2-3 adjacent rows.

I do need a count or a way for people to rsvp. Let me know if you're interested.

Edit: Pricing for these tickets is based upon a minimum group purchase of 10 tickets. The price per ticket without the group discount goes up to $80 per.