The Primos Game Designer's Guild is a place where anyone – students, patrons, staff, designers, families, and members of the community – anyone who has an interest in game design can explore and develop new.
Our goals are [in no particular order]:
• Play-test new games.
• Rapid prototypes game ideas.Demonstrate/discuss different game mechanics.
• Develop "templates" for new games. Blank tiles, cards, etc.
• Design new games in small groups for development.
• Develop a procedure for rapid development. (basics, # of players, rules, outcomes, end conditions, entry heuristics)
• Discuss other game design elements (randomness, theme, player downtime) and melding mechanics and elements (elegance).
• Invite amateur and professional game designers/reviewers and experts to speak.
• PLAY MORE GAMES and learn about the process of creating them.