So! For this Game Designer's Guild Meeting, I may have a fancy new game to playtest from a fancy big publisher. Also a smaller game (elegant and simple) from a smaller, independent publisher.
Then there is also designing our own games. We have one on the table about mining and we could always start working on another!
The Primos Game Designer's Guild is a place where anyone – students, patrons, staff, designers, families, and members of the community – anyone who has an interest in game design can explore and develop new.
Our goals are [in no particular order]:
• Play-test new games.
• Rapid prototypes game ideas.Demonstrate/discuss different game mechanics.
• Develop "templates" for new games. Blank tiles, cards, etc.
• Design new games in small groups for development.
• Develop a procedure for rapid development. (basics, # of players, rules, outcomes, end conditions, entry heuristics)
• Discuss other game design elements (randomness, theme, player downtime) and melding mechanics and elements (elegance).
• Invite amateur and professional game designers/reviewers and experts to speak.
• PLAY MORE GAMES and learn about the process of creating them.