Board Game Brawl Message Board › Possible Sunday Meetup

Possible Sunday Meetup

Nicholas
HunterGonFreecs
Group Organizer
Delray Beach, FL
Post #: 65
This is a carry-over from a comment thread on the Saturday, April 6th Game Night page.

Several people have indicated a willingness to take part in a new meetup on Sunday in the Palm Beach area, to be featured on Board Game Brawl.

This is your chance to sound off on your potential interest in such a meetup, as well as ideas to make it happen/better.

Garry has suggested the possibility of hosting it at World Tae Kwon Do Center in Lake Worth, where he works. Some people seemed to indicate that afternoon would be the best time (I would vote for 2PM, personally).

Please note that, if this meetup takes place, and you would normally come to the Saturday and/or Wednesday game at my place, I would have no ill will towards anyone choosing the new meetup over the existing ones. Quite the opposite, it would alleviate the capacity issues we've been having.

Thoughts?
Richard N.
user 86098532
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 1
I've become addicted, and would attend a meetup 5 days a week. On that note, I would be willing to put in $$ for meet ups. I don't have the time to go and buy food/drinks to bring, and I don't have the resources or contacts to arrange a meet up location large enough. This is just the classic scenario of someone with the means but not the methods. I live in Boca and work in Delray, so any location as far North as Lake Worth I would be willing to make trips to regularly, especially if I'm going to get 5 hours of gaming in or more.
A former member
Post #: 49
Spoke to Tom Hake today at length. He assured me that he will hook us up with a location for our Sunday gaming, at Fun Depot in Lake Worth.
Nicholas
HunterGonFreecs
Group Organizer
Delray Beach, FL
Post #: 67
@Jess: That's cool, but let Garry check around as well. I'm letting him take point, and he says he's following some leads.
Richard N.
user 86098532
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 2
Fun Depot will probably be a no go for me. Although it is technically just as far north as the TKD center, it's only half as far east. What I'm working on right now is a demographic of the most recent 15 RSPV's of the last 6 meet ups to show where a good central point is. I'm using generic zip codes for cities for a basic idea.
Bill H.
user 57404362
West Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 1
I live in WPB, so driving where ever, is not a big deal to me. However, I'm all for this, because I just found you and already we are having capacity issues. And it sucks to miss out on the fun, because I spotted that RSVPs opened 30 minutes after the other peeps. I completely understand the limitations of your apartment, Nick, and understand the limit. But I really enjoy hanging out with y'all, and will support any new arrangements for another day of the week and / or location. Having said all that, I would prefer not to go all the way down to GXE, if I could help it, but if that ends up being the place I'll be there.

The TKD place seemed like a good place to do it, if Gary could lock that in. Nice and roomy, and I don't mind making a donation each time, if that will help facilitate the arrangement. And I agree that 2pm would be a good start time for a Sunday meetup.
Garry G.
GarryG
West Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 7
Everyone hang tight, I am negotiating some arrangements. I will try to have something in stone for you all by the end of the week.
Thomas H.
user 12577022
Delray Beach, FL
Post #: 96
Though I did tell Jesse about Fun Depot, I doubt it would be Sunday. I do not want point on this, I would prefer for Gary to take control. This is not my thing, I just met a few of you, and I honestly don't want to seem like I'm forcing something down peoples throats. I just wanted to offer up a solution to the current demand for board gaming. I support whatever GG negotiates. If he would need my contact with FD, I would be happy to provide him with it. That is all.
Justin
user 38159132
Boynton Beach, FL
Post #: 3
I don't even know if it is still open but I have seen folks show up and play games at the Coffee District in Delray on the weekends. They may be open to it and they have food ... and beer. :-)
Christopher T.
user 84898672
West Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 3
I agree with Bill, Lake Worth sounds great, the TKD center sounds great (while my memories of Fun Depot are...loud), and Sunday afternoon sounds great (3pm or so sounds better for me, but whatever time the majority would prefer is okay)! I'm fine with straight up donating to the TKD center owners, as long as we're still allowed to bring our own food (and clean up after ourselves, of course), instead of relying on whatever snacks they might sell. This goes double for when I begin my diet. :)