Board Game Brawl Message Board › Some ideas for BGB.

Some ideas for BGB.

Nicholas
HunterGonFreecs
Group Organizer
Delray Beach, FL
Hey all! Haven't sent an organizer message in awhile, but I wanted to check in because I brainstormed several neat ideas today, and would like your feedback.
Idea 1: The one-year anniversary of BGB is November 4. I would like to hold a special meetup on the following Saturday, November 9, as a little celebration. Obviously, I don't have the money to just rent out a banquet hall and have a big bash. But I'm sure there's some other fun things we could do.
Going to a restaurant and reserving a few tables is one idea. People would probably be required to buy a meal, but that's not a big deal. Having too many people might be an issue; we average 10-12 at my place on Saturdays, and if this is a special event we might get more (or less?). I have not actually asked Garry about it, but we had a good time using the tae kwon do studio where he works for our Tabletop Day event. That would require a small donation as well, but nothing bad (no alcohol though...boo. =P)
If anyone else has suggestions, please let me know! My primary goal is for everyone to have fun, feel comfortable, and play games, so your opinion matters!

Idea 2: I have some ideas for my YouTube videos that can more actively involve everyone else in the group.
One involves an idea I'm lifting from my defunct podcast idea. I was never able to get my podcast off the ground for lack of a suitable co-host, and I'm kind of okay with it; with my update videos and reviews, I'm pretty much able to say what I want to say about board games, and in a much more popular way.
But the idea I'm salvaging involves having someone co-host a board game review with me, with the game being that person's #1 favorite. The format will basically be the same: the guest host will introduce and describe the game, we'll do an overview, and then they will tell the audience why they love the game, followed by my thoughts on the game and whether I like it or not.
If you're interested, email me and tell me what game you want to spotlight!
Idea 3: If you've heard of the miniatures game Warmachine, but have not played it and have no opinion on it - or even have no real interest in it - but you're okay with being on camera, assembling models, and playing the game, email me. I have an idea I'm tinkering with. (I have a very specific idea in mind for this, so if you respond with interest and I don't choose you, don't be offended)
Idea 4: Top Ten lists generate a lot of hits, as evidenced by my own GenCon list. I would like to start doing Top Ten lists that constitute not only my picks, but the picks of the other members of the group. My first list will probably be Top Ten Cooperative Games. If you would like to contribute, just send me your list of your favorite co-ops, in order with 1 being the best (it's okay if you don't have ten favorites, just rank as many as you want). I'll tally up the votes and read the list after my own Top Ten!

Thanks for reading folks! Any contributions and feedback you can make would be greatly appreciated. Take care!
Sincerely,
Nick D
Scott M
user 7505675
Boynton Beach, FL
Post #: 4
I like idea 2. I think you should either do it at their house and showcase their game collection or just have them pile up their games on the table for background.

Another top 10 idea is a top 10 list for a specific game such as top 10 cards, tactics, etc.