Board Game Brawl Message Board › 1st Annual Board Game Brawl Secret Santa
Delray Beach, FL
Hey now everyone! I love the idea of BoardGameGeek's Secret Santa so much, that I thought I might give it a shot within our own collective group as well (assuming there is sufficient interest).
It works like this (PLEASE READ EVERYTHING...I don't have all of the nuts and bolts worked out, but the stuff that's here is important!):
1. First and foremost: the actual Secret Santa exchange will occur on our December 14th (Saturday) meetup (since many people may be out of town on the 21st). If you want to participate, you must either be able to attend that meetup, or make other arrangements to drop off/pick up the gifts on or before that time.
2. If you're interested, you need to do one (or both) of two things: make a public wish list on Amazon.com with items that you would like to receive, and/or if you specifically want games, make an account on BoardGameGeek and mark items in your collection as "Wish List" (I can help you with both of these things if you're lost). Links to this info will be sent out secretly to your Secret Santa.
3. Email me (by replying to this) and let me know if you'd like to sign up. I need your name, wish list links, any special messages you want passed along to your Santa, and availability for exchanging during the month of December. If you don't have your wish list(s) made right away, that's fine, but please have them done by November 29.
4. The deadline for signing up will be Thanksgiving Day (November 28), at which point I will compile the list and assign targets (so that people can take advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, hypothetically).
5. I'm setting the price minimum at $25, with a maximum of around $50, which I think is reasonable. Try not to go too much over that limit, even if you want to spoil your target, since not everyone can necessarily afford to spend a lot this year (if you want to buy more for someone, simply do it privately).
6. No one is strictly required to put games or gaming-related accessories on their list, though that would be in the spirit of the group. Feel free to put whatever you want (that's not offensive) on your wish list(s). If your target wants games, I would remind you that CoolStuffInc.com and Amazon.com have the best prices on games (in that order), and Cool Stuff allows online pick-ups at their Hollywood store.
7. Be nice, not naughty. If there's an issue before or after the exchange, come to me first and we'll try to resolve it peaceably. Please sign up in good faith, as it could cause some serious issues if you suddenly decide to back out after targets are assigned.
8. It goes without saying, but wrap your present and mark it is as from "Secret Santa". I'd actually like to keep this completely secret, with no identities being revealed, if possible!
Some of the other logistics need to be worked out, but that's the gist.
As always, thank you to everyone who attends the meetings for being such awesome group members. Happy Holidays!