addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Houston Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › games for solo play as well as multiplayers

games for solo play as well as multiplayers

Kevin D
user 12653384
Humble, TX
Post #: 2
I am looking for some games that can be both solo played, and when the occasion calls, multiple players. I am pretty much the only Board Gamer in my family, so I am some what limited. I currently have LoTR:LCG which is a fun game, but also looking for others. I also have Legendary Deck Building Game... what else can someone recommend. Thanks in advance!
Daniel H.
user 21682821
Houston, TX
Post #: 4
I am looking for some games that can be both solo played, and when the occasion calls, multiple players. I am pretty much the only Board Gamer in my family, so I am some what limited. I currently have LoTR:LCG which is a fun game, but also looking for others. I also have Legendary Deck Building Game... what else can someone recommend. Thanks in advance!
Agricola, Chrononauts, Mage Knight just off the top of my head.
Brett H.
BrettH
Houston, TX
Post #: 3
Ol' out of print Magic Realm. Although the Java app helps speed solo play.
Lewis W.
lewiswagner
Webster, TX
Agricola and Le Havre. Both play 1-5 and are good games at all player counts, including 1.
Michael
user 3279465
Katy, TX
Post #: 170
Based on the only two games you've mentioned, I'd second the Mage Knight vote. Most of the other suggestions are very Euro and we don't even know if you like that sort of thing. :) Oh, and our Saturday meetups aren't too terribly far from you if you can find the time...
Mike
mikus42
Group Organizer
Friendswood, TX
Post #: 41
I hope you can make one of our meetups. I attend the San Jacinto college ones on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays.

I do online turn based gaming on my iPad. There are many fine board games available for the iPad: peurto Rico, caylus, Le Havre, San Juan, Stone Age, settles of cattan, alien frontiers, roll through the ages, and kingsburg to mention a few. Others are on the way: through the ages, Agricola, eclipse.
Kevin D
user 12653384
Humble, TX
Ok, I see the error in my post, as it was very limited in scope. Co-op games that can be played solo, and other games that can be PvP but also played solo.

The lore of games I really like are....

Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk, SteamPunk, Super Heroes, and some fantasy. Real World also works too.

I know Flash Point, RftG, Space Empires 4x are some games I would like to try out. Euro games can be good as well.

As far as the San Jac gaming on Saturdays, I was there on the 22nd with Johnathan, Shawn, and crew. We were playing netrunner for a while and got a game in of Last Will.

Now, I thank you again, since I expanded my original post.

Kevin
Denis
user 8944042
Houston, TX
Post #: 2
Zombicide - this is basically Left 4 Dead the boardgame. Can play 1-6
Andrew D.
user 14564183
League City, TX
Post #: 11
I just picked up Gears of War, the Board game, which is coop 1-4 players. I haven't gotten to read the rules (or even unbox it yet), but it gets good reviews and isn't exclusively for fans of the video game.
Mike
mikus42
Group Organizer
Friendswood, TX
Post #: 42
I have played gears of war once and enjoyed it.