The Houston Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Montag's Meetups?

Montag's Meetups?

Alan S.
user2000
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
Hey all,

I'm returning to Houston after several years away. Do folks still play regularly at Montag's Games in Pearland? It's not on the meetup calendar, so maybe not.

Thanks,
Alan
A former member
Post #: 4
I don't think so. They are mostly doing Magic and Miniatures there. I went in last week to see if they had something and he said they were trying to move out a lot of the board games.
Mike
mikus42
Group Organizer
Friendswood, TX
Post #: 49
Marvin still does some boardgaming at Montags. I don't remember which days. Call the store.
Matthew Morris T.
user 122548132
Pearland, TX
Post #: 1
Hi. I moved to Pearland West End a few months ago and went into Montag's with my best friend. Something I said while there embarrassed him, but neither of us remember what it was, and he refuses to go back. I'm totally disinterested in "Magic: The Gathering", so I didn't see a real reason for me to go back alone.

All that to say: Are people meeting there to play other games? If so, it would be cool to join them. I watch Wil Wheaton play games online from time to time.

Matthew M. Tobin
Matthew Morris T.
user 122548132
Pearland, TX
Post #: 6
In case anyone is reading old messages (as I am tonight, 03/16/2014), there are Meet-Up gatherings every week at Montag's Games Pearland. If you take SH288 South, exit 518 and go under 518, you'd continue on along 518 passing several stoplights. Be looking to your right (south) for the CVS Pharmacy, and Montag's Games is in the stripcenter immediately past the stoplight. Play begins around 6:30pm and can sometimes last until 10:00pm. I'd say enough participants attend so as to make a game (4), and usually more. Good luck! --MMT (Oh, the directions were to show that Montag's Games isn't too far from Downtown [Houston], I don't work there! Smile.)