This is the usual Monday night board gaming. Feel free to bring whatever games you like and if you want to request I bring any of mine just post a comment. Suggesting games ahead of time is a good way to make sure you get in on something and don't have to wait around for too long.
INFORMATION FOR NEW ATTENDEES:
Firstly, welcome :-) Secondly, here is some information on what to expect at this meetup:
1) The official start time for this meetup is 6.30pm. That's because I, as the host, am working until the store closes at 6pm and so I'm unable to get upstairs and fulfill my hostly duties until that time. Having said that, some people arrive earlier and start playing. This is perfectly fine. Some people arrive later than 6.30pm, sometimes much later. This is also fine. Please note the end time of 10.30pm - I have a wife that I like to see before she goes to bed, so please try to ensure you are finishing as close to 10.30pm as possible :-)
2) The store does close at 6pm. The front door gets locked and the gate to downstairs gets closed. The tills are all cashed out and I am unable to make any sales. If you'd like drinks and snacks you'll need to bring them with you or purchase them before the store closes. If you arrive after 6pm you will need to enter via the back door, as per the information under the address above.
3) The board gaming takes place mostly on the lower section of the mezzanine. The upper mezzanine and back room are booked by other groups, but sometimes we can expand into their space slightly if it gets busy. Tables and chairs are stacked throughout the mezzanine and back room area. Feel free to get out a table and set it up to start playing.
4) Feel free to bring specific games that you would like to play. I can't guarantee you'll convince people to play them but if you don't bring them and ask then you'll never know. Most people are willing to let others borrow their copies of games if they are asked. Treat them nicely. Likewise we have a lot of store demo copies that can be borrowed for the evening. Just ask me or one of the other staff if it's before closing time.
5) You may not get into a game right away. Sometimes you show up just after everyone has started playing. A good way to avoid this is by pre-arranging what you are going to play via the comments section below. Otherwise you can wait and hopefully some other people will show up, or a game or two may finish. Sadly it does happen that you occasionally will have to wait for a little while to get in a game.
6) Easier said than done: Don't be shy. If you arrive and stand in the corner not saying anything you are less likely to get into a game. Hopefully I or one of the other more friendly people will come and talk to you and try to get you into a game, but sometimes we are distracted, in a game or otherwise engaged. Most people at the game nights are friendly enough and if you come and talk to them and ask what they are playing or whether you can get into a game they won't bite.
7) Have fun! I think that's the point, right?
If any of you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me, either by commenting below, sending me a message, phoning the store, etc.