The Atlanta Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Gaming in Cobb County - Anyone interested?

Gaming in Cobb County - Anyone interested?

A former member
Post #: 16
Hi all. I am new to the area, moving from southern California where there is a huge organized gaming population. Wondering if anyone would be interested if i started hosting a weekly meetup at my house in Mableton? Just trying to gauge interest... smile
A former member
Post #: 17
Organizing something this saturday. If interested, RSVP on the home page!
Vince W.
vwestin
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
Can't make it this weekend, but definitely interested in future events in Cobb. Thanks for starting this up.
jen (just j.
jen-just-jen
Lebanon, GA
Post #: 17
i recommend scheduling something around the existing gaming group schedules...

jackie's gaming @ diners: 1st, 3rd, 5th fridays @ atlanta diner in north druid hills

jackie's other gaming group: 2nd, 4th, 5th saturdays @ bouldevard diner in norcorss

adam's monthly games: 2nd friday

mine: ususally on eve of day off (like day before July 4th, Thanksgiving, New Yr, etc)

we need one close by, so i'm happy 'bout that...just wanted to let you know 'bout the others for your own FUN, but also so there's no double booking. many of us drive a ways to those other groups and don't wanna break it up...
David
user 3742121
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 6
I have friends who live in Mableton, who are not regular gamers, but have expressed interest.
They will usually play whatever Eurogame is easiest to learn. : ) Also, see below for a monthly
all-day gaming event you might be interested in. It is just south of the airport.

allSWAG Yahoo! Group

Title: GAME DAY!
Date: Saturday September 10, 2011
Time: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Street: 7790 Ella Lane
City State Zip: Fairburn, GA 30213
Phone: 757-268-2877
Notes: ***NOTE*** Game Day will be moved this month so as not to conflict with Dragon Con

Welcome to SouthWest Atlanta Gaming (SWAG). We normally meet the first Saturday of each month at the Hampton Inn just off Exit 61 and I-85 South (only 7 minutes south of the airport).

We feature open gaming, mostly euros, and periodically have drawings for prizes and gift certificates. People generally bring food to share with the other gamers, but it isn't mandatory. I do ask a $5 contribution to help offset facility charges.

We've got a great group of gamers and the all day affair makes it worth the drive. We'd love to have you come join us!

Floyd