addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Another great Game Fest

Another great Game Fest

Ward B.
wbatty
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
While the numbers were down a bit this time, I thought we had a really good group of folks for the fest and I, at least, had a really good time. Thanks for being understanding about the price increase, I brought in enough that I was pretty much able to cover the cost of the more expensive room, which was a relief on my part. I'll be able to go back to the old price of $25 for the three-day events for the next one.

The Magnolia Manor was a temporary stop on our way to our new hotel, the Holiday Inn Select at 285 and Chamblee-Dunwoody, that I hope to be in for years to come. I've signed contracts for the rest of 06 and all of 2007. The room is only 1,600 sq ft, slightly smaller than the room at the Comfort Suites (the Magnolia Manor roon is 1,900 sq ft) but for Saturday I've also taken another section of the ballroom for Saturday, so we will have almost 3,000 sq ft on that day. This means I'll be able to offer one-day memberships again.

Games Day Atlanta is August 12, 2006. Mark your calendars now ;-).
--
Ward