The Atlanta Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Saturday crowds

Saturday crowds

Ward B.
wbatty
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 64
We were over-crowded for the first time last Saturday Meetup. The problem was mostly that the extra room was not available. I'm going to reserve the room for Saturdays from now on if I can. In the past they were only so-so about reserving that room.

It was most crowded from 6 to 7. We start at 5, I can move that to 4 if folks want to show up earlier. I ended coming back after 8 and there was room, but I live nearby, I know that isn't an option for everyone. But if you are only coming by for a couple of hours, coming earlier or after 8 might be a good option.

I really don't think we are going to find a better venue than the Loop. They usually have space, I know folks like the free drink refills and they are cool about us staying so long. I'm really not sure there's anyplace else with that combination, certainly not near my house, which is a consideration for me.

Someone mentioned scheduling another thing elsewhere the same night. I think it is best to scatter the nights around, but whatever (as they say).

There's a new meetup group at N. Druid Hills Rd that you might want to check out.
http://www.meetup.com...­

I think they play on a Friday.

Anyway, it's great so many new folks are coming. I think if I reserve the room we'll be OK again space-wise. Worst-case scenario, I'll start charging everyone $1 and that will thin the crowd back down ;-).

--
Ward