The Downers Grove Board Games Meetup Group Message Board › Lets talk about games baby...

Lets talk about games baby...

A former member
Post #: 9
So I guess I should ask this before I get all hyped about going to these game playing festivities. Is this meet up group focus on role playing board games or other sorts of games or all games. I can not tell by looking around. Either way I want to play. I just don't have much experience at all playing to roll the dice role playing games. In fact I have played exactly twice...I guess I am just trying to get an understanding of what I am getting myself into.
Kenneth K.
user 12129218
Lombard, IL
Post #: 2
We're generally not that serious about our games, and don't often do role playing games (at least that I see...) Plus, there's usually enough people around that there's a few different games going on at any time, so if you don't want to play one game, just go play another. I'd say just show up and give it a try anyway.
Jack O.
JackOtto
Downers Grove, IL
Post #: 1
We're a pretty casual group that plays mostly Euro style board games. Think Settlers of Catan, Dominion, Carcassone, and games of that type. We are happy to teach the rules for games, and in a lot of cases, we teach the rules almost every time. You can jump in on any game that catches your interest.