Greetings from SJBoardGamesClub, meeting since 2005. Our claim to fame: Dinner! We enjoy a sit-down, waitstaff-served dinner along with our boardgaming.
WEDNESDAY, February 12 , 6:30pm-11:00pm, Coco's Sunnyvale, 1206 Oakmead Pkwy (Lawrence Expy at 101). Every Wednesday through the end of March is definite at Coco's. After that, be sure to check Meetup or Yahoo! Groups for updated schedule.
Open gaming; $10 purchase required (+ 20% tip/service charge required as a condition of our booking Coco's private room). It's OK to buy under $10 and increase the tip to total $12.
• About us: We play a mixture of Euro-style strategy board games and card games, from light to heavy. We also enjoy the occasional party game or word game.
• Newcomers, beginners, and families are welcome too, and we are always teaching games.
• We are a fun, friendly group with just one rule...buy food so we can keep coming here! If you don't want to eat dinner, you can buy a bag of Coco's organic coffee or take home a pie, whatever works for you.
• Coco's automatically provides separate checks and can deal with people arriving/leaving at different times. With their private room we have enough space to spread out comfortably, so feel free to bring your pile of games (no need to though, there will be plenty there!)
• RSVPs are never required at Coco's, but always appreciated.
• This is a cross-post from http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SJBoardGamesClub/info so expect more people than you see RSVPing on this page (while event is in the future).
• Feel free to cross-post this announcement wherever cross-posts are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you this Wednesday!
P.S. You're also welcome to join our Yahoo! Group mailing list (http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SJBoardGamesClub/info ) to introduce yourself, to cross-post game events, or just to keep up with our discussions and announcements (there aren't too many). Note: if you're not familiar with Yahoo! Groups, please notice that unlike on Meetup, if you join a Yahoo! Group your email address is usually visible to other members. So it is a good idea to use a throwaway address. But despite what Yahoo! tries to make you think, it doesn't have to be a Yahoo! email address. NEW DISCLAIMER: Yahoo! Groups has gotten so ugly and spammy-looking that I can no longer recommend the user interface unless (a) you already use Yahoo!, or (b) you don't want to join Meetup. But you can skip the user interface and just sign up to get email announcements from http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SJBoardGamesClub/info