WEDNESDAY, June 18 , 6:30pm-11:00pm, Coco's Sunnyvale, 1206 Oakmead Pkwy (Lawrence Expy at 101).
Games played last week (6/11): Eldritch Horror, Dominion, Galaxy Trucker, Last Night on Earth, Timeline, Coup, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Takenoko, Triest, One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Greetings from SJBoardGamesClub, meeting since 2005. Our claim to fame: Dinner! We enjoy a sit-down, waitstaff-served dinner along with our boardgaming.
Open gaming; $10 purchase required (+ 20% tip/service charge required as a condition of our booking Coco's private room). It's OK to buy under $10 and increase the tip to total $12.
• About us: We play a mixture of board games and card games, from Euro-style strategy to American-syle thematic, and from light to heavy. We also enjoy the occasional party game or word game.
• Newcomers, beginners, and families are welcome too, and we are always teaching games.
• We are a fun, friendly group with just one rule...buy food so we can keep coming here! If you don't want to eat dinner, you can buy a bag of Coco's organic coffee or take home a pie, whatever works for you.
• Coco's automatically provides separate checks and can deal with people arriving/leaving at different times. With their private room we have enough space to spread out comfortably, so feel free to bring your pile of games (no need to though, there will be plenty there!)
• RSVPs are never required at Coco's, but always appreciated.
• This is a cross-post from http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SJBoardGamesClub/info so expect more people than you see RSVPing on this page.
• Feel free to cross-post this announcement wherever cross-posts are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you this Wednesday!
P.S. You're also welcome to join our Yahoo! Group mailing list (http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SJBoardGamesClub/info ) to introduce yourself, to cross-post game events, or just to keep up with our discussions and announcements (there aren't too many). Note: if you're not familiar with Yahoo! Groups, please notice that unlike on Meetup, if you join a Yahoo! Group your email address is usually visible to other members. So it is a good idea to use a throwaway address. And you can skip the user interface and just sign up to get email announcements by sending an (empty) email to [masked] .