The Columbus Boardgaming & Pan-Philosophical Debate Society Message Board › Suggestion - Weekend Retreat?

Suggestion - Weekend Retreat?

Dan
Lentini007
Columbus, OH
Post #: 7
Hey all,

I copied and pasted the message below from the Cleveland Boardgaming Group, and I feel that this would be a good idea for our group to do sometime this spring/summer/fall.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

One more thing...with me posting this, it does not necessarily mean that I am committing to setting something like this up for the group. If there is interest in something like this, and if I do help plan for it, then I would have to ask for some help, as I will not do this alone.smile

Thank you, Dan

The 2011 BOGA Weekend Retreat is just over two WEEKS away, so here is some info for anyone who wants to come but isn't signed up yet!
The dates for the retreat are April 8-10, 2011. The retreat is held at Camp Carl in Ravenna, Ohio.

Most of our overnight accommodations are full, but we do have a few cabin spots still available. If you want one send me an email ASAP.

Single day passes are available as well! Friday is $10 per person, Saturday is $30 per person, and Sunday is $5 per person (get all three days for $40!). This includes the meals served that day, unlimited access to the drink station (juice, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and cappuccino), and access to all the camp facilities (gymnasium during certain hours only). The meal and gymnasium schedule is below (same as last year). Meals will be served promptly at the times shown (no refunds if you miss a meal). You can stay as late as you want; I know last year the gaming went at least as late as 3:00 am.

Because I need a very accurate count for food service, all passes will need to be paid for by April 1st. If you don’t pay by 4/1/11 you can still come, and the cost is still the same, but you’re not guaranteed to get the meals. They will be on a first come, first served basis after everyone else has been fed.

Payments can be made either via PayPal, in person at the BOGA meetup at Underhill’s Games on Saturday 3/26/11, or by check. If you need to mail me a check let me know and I’ll give you my address.

Just to reiterate, if you want a Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday pass for the retreat, and you want to be guaranteed the meals, you must RSVP to me by email AND make payment by 4/1/11. Thank you for your cooperation.

We are currently looking for interest in a flea market/math trade at the retreat, so when you RSVP please indicate if you’d be interested in participating!

If you know of anyone else who may be interested in attending the retreat, please forward this email to them.

Retreat Schedule for April 8-10, 2011:
Friday 2:00 pm – Official start of the Retreat
Friday 7:00 pm – Bonfire
Friday 7:30 pm – Pizza served
Saturday 8:00 am – Breakfast served
Saturday 9:45 am – Gymnasium access (2 hours)
Saturday 12:00 pm – Lunch Served
Saturday 5:00 pm – Dinner Served
Saturday 6:30 pm – Gymnasium access (2 hours)
Saturday 7:00 pm – Bonfire
Saturday 8:00 pm – Chips and Salsa Snack served
Sunday 8:00 am – Breakfast Served (continental style)
Sunday 3:00 pm – Official end of the Retreat

Thanks!