Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 668
I went almost two months without buying any games. Fell off the wagon for Last Night on Earth, The Zombie Game.
Should be here next week.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 480
Well I almost went an entire month without purchasing any games. That's pretty good aint it? <g>tongue

Cathedral
The Bucket King
Formula Motor Racing
Gheos
Canal Mania
Qwirkle
Faces
Hit or Miss
Extra figures for 6 player version of Age of Empires
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 741
10 days in the USA for my b'day. biggrin

I forgot I wanted to order Quirkle...I guess there is always Christmas.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 670
Along with Last Night on Earth which arrived today, I also got:

Tiki Mountain
Dragons of Kir
Cthulhu 500
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 491
It's my birthday so I bought myself a little something biggrin

Uptown
Railroad Dice 2
Il Principe
R-eco
Oltre Mare
Frank's Zoo
Kreta
Lexio
Vexation
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 759
Through a comedy of errors, I got Odin's Ravens as a wedding parting gift.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,202
Last Night on Earth
Tiki Mountain
A former member
Post #: 108
Sorry to go Old School Avalon Hill on you but.....

• Attack Sub
  • B-17
  • Tac Air

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,202
Buncha card game goodness coming my way:

• The Red Dragon Inn -- A card game about 4 adventurers sitting around the Red Dragon Inn gambling and drinking after a hard day of adventuring. You are attempting to be the last sober person standing that still has gold in your pockets. Eliminate your opponents by taking all their gold or making them pass out by a combination of beating them up (in a friendly manner of course) and making them drink booze. The 4 characters each have their own deck and play very differently. I'm really excited about this one as it seems like it would be a great filler (30 minute play time).
  • Cutthroat Caverns & its expansion Deeper and Darker -- I really like the tagline of this game: "Without teamwork, you will never survive. Without betrayal, you?ll never win.". Another fantasy card game about a group of adventurers fighting their way out of a dungeon after acquiring some artifact of immense power. Only one person may have the artifact at the end of the day and that person is the one who gains the most prestige by getting in the killing blow on the 9 monsters that must be faced to get out of the dungeon. But here's the rub: If all you do is attempt to steal kills and undermine your fellow adventurers then its a sure recipe for NONE of you to make it out alive. You have to strike a fine balance between helping the group and helping yourself. Sounds like it should be a great time.
  • Herocard: Nightmare -- I'm super excited about this one. Its a clue-like deduction game where you attempt to find out what the others players fears are and use those fears to eliminate them. See you are all stuck in one person's dream (aptly named "the dreamer") and the only way to get out is to be the last one alive. Everyone is afraid of one scene (barn, lake, graveyard, etc) and one monster (cultist, zombie, stalker, etc). If you are able to get the dreamer to that scene with that monster and make a successful attack against the player then that player is killed and eliminated from the game. Be the last one standing to escape from the nightmare world of "the dreamer"!
  • Mr. Jack -- Not a card game but another deduction game (I like those). I got this hoping that my wife will play it with me and enjoy it as it is a 2-player game.
  • Bull in a China Shop -- A couple months back Scott showed a few of us a great, little card game called "Elephants in a Porcelain Shop" or some such. This is the americanized version of that game. Its a simple game filled with surprisingly agonizing choices. Plays quickly and is a lot of fun.
  • David & Goliath -- A trick taking card game that I know very little about other than its gotten some really good reviews on BoardGameGeek. Tossed onto the stack to fill out free shipping, but it looks like a great game for gamers and non-gamers alike.
  • Pickomino -- I decided I need my own worm dominoes. Bought it because it looks like a good pub/travel game.

Lots of cards, lots of player elimination, loads of fun! I look forward to getting these to the table.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 278
Did ya see the Mythbusters episode where they tested the "Bull in the china shop" myth?

They set up a bunch of flimsy shelves with breakable glassware on them in a bull pen. Then the set loose a several bulls who proceeded to chase each other about. God damned if those bulls didn't dance around the shelves like ballerinas! Never knocked over a single one! They were frustrated as hell, and had to knock them over themselves. It was hilarious. :-)