The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › January 9th Games

January 9th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,526
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Tzolkin: They Were Wrong - Rodney - Filled - (Rodney, AndrewL, Ryan, DomoJeff)
Chaos in the Old World - JP - 1 seat available - (JP, Mark, Paul, Don)
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 373
As in the request game request thread, I am interested in any of these:

Chaos in the Old World: The Horned Rat Expansion (2011)
Chicago Express: Narrow Gauge & Erie Railroad Company (2009)
Disaster Looms! (2012)
Discworld: Ankh-Morpork (2011)
Guards! Guards! A Discworld Boardgame (2011)
Martian Rails (2009)
Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium (2009)
Small World Realms (2012)
Tales of the Arabian Nights (2009)

I own some/most of these and can probably run one if I have to. A few of them I would love to have someone who knows them better teach them, but I will plod through if I have to.

Also, if any has figured Conan out, I would like to play it.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 167
Chaos in the Old World: The Horned Rat Expansion and Conan are ones I've been looking to play. Conan is listed at 90 minutes but I recall reading it took most plays about 3-4 hours.
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 80
I'm happy to teach one of my top ten games: Chaos in the Old World! I've played a few times with the Horned Rat Expansion, too. Is it bad form to keep volunteering to teach games?
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 180
Locomotive Werks
Urbanization
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar

From Rodneys new games, I would love to play any of those if you have time to read the rules and feel like playing any.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,944
Locomotive Werks
Urbanization
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar

From Rodneys new games, I would love to play any of those if you have time to read the rules and feel like playing any.

I want to play them all :) Honestly though I've yet to read the rules for any of these and I'm not sure if I'll have time to read any of them before Wednesday. If I don't have time by this Wednesday, I should be able to get through at least one of those games instructions by the following week.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 168
I'm happy to teach one of my top ten games: Chaos in the Old World! I've played a few times with the Horned Rat Expansion, too. Is it bad form to keep volunteering to teach games?

Never! You did a great job teaching us Castle Der Burgereinmissier too!
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 899
I could teach probably any of your top 5 requests on the request list Andrew

Acquire
Indonesia
Vinhos
Medici
Urban Sprawl

Though I dont own indonesia and havent played it in a while. I own and could teach any of the others.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 181
Well sure I don't want to pressure Rodney into learning and teaching anything, so if you feel like playing any of those games Ryan I am certainly interested.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 900
you have a preference?