The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › January 16th Games

January 16th Games

Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 178
Ack, I guess I'll bring the solo-player Eclipse variant rules, lol. crying
Anyone else without a game? Looks like everything else is full.

EDIT: May as well remove Eclipse from the list. I'll run it at a BACSIM when there is more time to play.

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,534
Ack, I guess I'll bring the solo-player Eclipse variant rules, lol. crying

Anyone else without a game? Looks like everything else is full.

I signed up for the zombies, but I can jump ship for a 3rd game.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,535
Paul, any ideas on what to play?
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 179
Paul, any ideas on what to play?

Mark A., or anyone else, do you plan on coming and need a game for slot 1? Eclipse is good, and fast, with just 3 players. We could do that. It would make a good primer for learning the expansion.

If no one else is coming I can always bring Star Trek Fleet Captains, a 2-player game by design. I've only played it once, and would have to read the rules again, but I'd do that if you want to give it a try Don. It's about 1.5 - 2.5 hours, heavily themed, and my ship minis are painted!!! I do not have the Romulan expansion (yet?).

I'd also be fine with watching the slot 1 games and waiting for slot 2.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,536
I'd be up for that. It does play more than 2 so if anyone else needs a game. And you'll have to put up with me doing a horrible Jean Luc Picard.

Mr. Worf, beam ensign Crusher to the shuttle, lock on phasers, FIRE!!!
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 180
We played STFC with 4 players the only time we played and the 4-player rules felt clunky and taped on. In the 4-player game actions and units are split across 2 members. It felt like playing checkers with a teammate, and had twice as much downtime due to waiting for teammates to take their turn too. We should play it if we only have 2 players. The expansion adds a 3rd, separate side that supposedly works well.

I'm all for Trek flavor. It's the best part of this game, especially if the Klingons get to infest Starfleet ships with Tribbles!

Ensign Mark Augnisistiak, come in ensign Mark.......
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,537
Cool. Well if there is someone without a game still I'll pack some options to play.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,158
I just got a text from Mark. He doesn't have internet access at this moment, so he requested that I pass the message along to you guys. It reads:

Tell Paul and Don I will only come out on Wednesday if we agree to play Conquest of Nerath.

Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 181
I just got a text from Mark. He doesn't have internet access at this moment, so he requested that I pass the message along to you guys. It reads:

Tell Paul and Don I will only come out on Wednesday if we agree to play Conquest of Nerath.

Awesome. Respond with:
"Deal! And I'll also bring Axis & Allies Global 2e! Remind him to pack a lunch, ... make that 20 lunches!"
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 183
I have these with me:

• Eclipse + RotA
  • Castles of Burgandeee + expansions