The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Need for Speed series #2

Need for Speed series #2

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,973
What’s up for grabs?
100 dollars worth of gift certificates from either Funagain games, Boards & Bits, or Coolstuff Inc. for the top three finishers, plus bragging rights on being named the 2013 Need for Speed Champion.

How does it work?
Compete over several weeks against fellow players involving six different board games all sharing the racing theme and or mechanic. Most games shouldn’t take much more than an hour to complete.

Players will be scored points on finishing position based on the number of players per game. With six players 1st place would receive 12 points, 2nd place 10, 3rd 8 etc. with a drop off of two points per position finished. The player with the most points after six games will be declared champion. Ties will be broken by most 1st place finishes. If still tied most 2nd place finishes, etc. until the tie is broken.

Feel free to team up with a partner if need be to fill in for days you can’t make it to help remain in the points chase and therefore eliminating the need for everyone to be on the same schedule.

1st place pays a $50.00 gift certificate from either Funagain games, Boards & Bits, or Coolstuff Inc. (your choice)
2nd place pays a $30.00 gift certificate from either Funagain games, Boards & Bits, or Coolstuff Inc. (your choice)
3rd place pays a $20.00 gift certificate from either Funagain games, Boards & Bits, or Coolstuff Inc. (your choice)

I’ll announce the six games we will be playing shortly.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,974
Canyon (canoe Racing)
Jamaica (pirate racing)
Viva Pamplona (bull racing)
Turfmaster (horse racing)
Junkyard Races (go kart racing aka mario kart)
Around the World in 80 days (or hopefully less)
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 198
I'm looking forward to this, even though there doesn't seem to be any rocket launchers! biggrin

I haven't played any of these so 6 new plays for me! Yeah!
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 31
Rodney, this sounds really sweet. Thanks for setting it up.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 446
Wow, prizes AND not having to play Ave Caesar, this is going to be the best racing circuit ever!

I'm looking forward to it Rodney, thanks for running this again!
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,975
Thank Don for getting me motivated to start this up again. I've wanted to run at least one every year but something always seems to come up. I'm considering running different styles of mini series in the future as well.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,976
BTW: We'll begin this series next Wednesday the 13th at UB.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,559
Time to defend the title!

BTW, thanks should go to Mike as well. He's the one who mentioned setting up theme nights a few weeks ago and got the ball rolling. Of course this was back in his goatee days so it might all be just an evil plot.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,982
Just a couple notes before we begin our series.

Even though I've offered up cash prizes please keep in mind that the most important goal here is to have fun. Do not take this too seriously. Some of these games may not be the greatest or most strategic games ever invented. My reason for running a series like this is to get some of my unplayed games to the table, or get games to the table that we don't see all that often. Luck can and will play a part in many of these games. I'm sure were all going to experience some highs and lows over the six games we will be playing.

If at any time I think the cash prizes are causing any issues or unforeseen problems I will pull the awards from the table. Have fun first... the prizes are simply a bonus. I personally don't see any issues happening within our group, but I've been in cash poker games before we're I've seen personalities change and issues arise once money was on the line so I feel it's important to bring it up.

Good luck everyone, and above all else have fun :)

Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 211
I uploaded the 2 score pics I took of tonight's scores to the "misc" folder of our Photo area.