The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Need for Speed series #2

Need for Speed series #2

Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,801
I think if I played it again, I'd want to try it with teams. (Crosstalk might make it longer, however.)

I guess there is a version 2.0 of the rules on the Geek that clarifies the finer points.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,014
Congratulations to Denise on her first place finish in Around the World in 80 days. Here are the final results of the fifth race.

Denise/Andy 12
Rodney 10
Paul 8
Don 6
Jeff 4
Midge 2
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,015
And once again here are the updated overall standings after five races.

Andy 48
Paul 44
Don 42
Rodney 40
Jeff 36
Midge 16

We'll finish the series in two weeks racing canoes in the game Canyon.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,584
My Elephant!!!
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 47
My Elephant!!!
I too lost an elephant in that fateful storm... It was a sad day for pachyderm-kind.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,027
Congratulations to Jeff on his first place finish in Canyon. Here are the results of the sixth and final race.

Jeff 12
Don 10
Paul 8
Midge 6
Andy 4
Rodney 2
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,028
And here are the final standings in the series. We actually ended up with a three way tie for 1st place, but because the tie breakers are based on most wins Andy comes home in 1st place. Paul and Don each had one win, and they each had one 2nd place finish. But Paul had three 3rd place finishes versus Don's one giving Paul 2nd place in the final standings.

Andy 52
Paul 52
Don 52
Jeff 48
Rodney 42
Midge 22

Thanks everyone for playing.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 265
Thank you very much Rodney for both running the series and giving out prizes. The ending was epic and overall experience was great.
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 51
Agreed. it was awesome Rodney.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 473
Thank you Rodney, that was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully as a group we can come up with another series in the future. I have the trophy proudly displayed in my office!

I think my ranking for the games I played would be:

1. Jamaica
2. Canyon
3. Viva Pamplona
4. Junkyard Wars
347. Turfmaster

Denise really enjoyed Around the World in 80 Days. I played it once back in Minnesota and don't remember it well enough to rank here.

I would put Junkyard Wars at #2 if it didn't take so long to play. It makes me realize why Mario Kart was a video game and not a board game.