addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › February 20th Games

February 20th Games

Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 218
I enjoyed the game, but after quickly reading the comments on BGG a lot of our concerns were being hotly debated over there. I like everything about the game except the Separatists objective card (same as BGGers). It looks like my suspicions were correct, the player with this objective almost always wins, and wins quick.

I have some issues with the iconography on the tiles (microscopic huts *cough*), and I felt the foreign trade board wasn't necessary, not adding much to the game and adding just extra overhead and maintenance, but otherwise I like the game a lot. I'd like to play it again.

Unlike BGGers, I love the hidden objectives, except the Separatists. It keeps people from having to calculate everyone's victory state every turn, keeps the game from devolving into a massive Pile-On (I hate this), and adds a layer of deduction to the game which I enjoy.