ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,030
Who *ever* got in a ~2 hour game of A&A original???? confused
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 243
I can't tell what hybrid Frankenstein ruleset is used for this game. It limited my purchase placements to 3 units for non-starting industrial complexes, which wasn't a limitation in 1e/2e. I didn't find out until it was too late and had to place most of my units at my capital, killing Da Fuehrer's stratamagizing!!!! angry
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 43
That explains a lot about the current board. Yeah, you're limited to the IPC of the country; my India will suffer the same constraint. You'll just have to beat me with experience, and consider that your handicap :)
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 244
Are you sure the limit is the IPC of the territory? In some (board)game versions it's 3 units for non-capitals.

PS: Your transport fleet are the king of the Atlantic! Wow, those suckers are killing me, literally and figuratively. biggrin
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 44
Did you throw that bomber next to Russia to make a more tempting target than your giant tank troop? I almost went for it, but couldn't help mowing down 10 of Germany's finest.

I ran a game of modern A&A on the TripleA program yesterday. I can see what you mean about the game feeling completely different, and hard to move. It's a little overwhelming at first. I can't imagine how long that game takes to set up!
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 247
Oh yes, I had to, I'm in desperation mode now. Last (Japan) turn may have given me some hope! We should start a game of this with 5 player. total chaos!
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 46
The good times rolled into my turn as well. You're not the only one with some unfortunate rolls.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 248
Sure, show the screenshot of the ONLY combat I didn't roll horribly, I see how it is. I'd crash the internet if I uploaded my bad rolls! biggrin
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 252
Compassion overtook revenge at the council and they have decided to accept your full surrender, with these conditions:

• The islands of the UK will become a theme park
  • Russia will supply the world with endless quantities of vodka
  • The USA will move to Canada to make room for Japanese and German pilgrims

Thank you, drive through.