The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › April 24th Games

April 24th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,186
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Goblins, Inc. - Andy - Filled - (Andy, Paul, Mark, JP)
Snowdonia - Rodney - Filled - (Rodney, DomoJeff, Midge, Joe, Don)
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,030
I can run something if you guys want. Any requests? Whose all coming? I think Midge was still wanting to try Belfort. Andrew mentioned London. I've read the rules to two Artipia games (makers of drumroll) Among the Stars & Briefcase. These are shorter games that share the deck building and hand management mechanics of games like Dominion and 7 Wonders. Or I can run something else if I own it and I know the rules or have time to read them :)

Here's my updated list of games.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 476
I had been looking to try Il Vecchio, Goblins, Inc, or Lord of the Rings: Nazgul. If anyone is interested in any of those, I can get to checking on rules.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,031
I too own Il Vecchio and would like to eventually give that one a try sometime.
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 65
I could be happy with London -- or Snowdonia.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,190
I'm not familiar with any of the games mentioned except Belfort (and I'm all set with that one). I'm willing to try anything that has less than 2 hours run time. I'll bring the bag I packed for the Con also. I think it has Elder Sign, Fresco, and Colosseum in it.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,191
We are at Baldy this week. I changed the details.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 477
If there is additional opportunity for Il Vecchio in the future, I'll hold off on that.

I'll go with:

Slot 1

Goblins, Inc

2-4 Players (I think 4 is going to work best)
60 Minutes

It sounds like it has a bit of a Galaxy Trucker feel to it. You build up a robot, and then fight it against another robot.

The game play includes teaming up with your opponents throughout the game, but there is only one winner. Each player has hidden agendas, but you'll be making decisions as part of the rotating teams. You get to be a planner, a builder, a pilot, and a tactician.

Or, more generically, you get to build a robot and use it to try and blow up another robot. Woo!
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,032
Assuming that were going to need two games I'll go ahead and offer up Snowdonia for slot one. 2-5 players 60 min. I had a chance to read the rules to this game last night. It's a train themed game that doesn't really play like your typical train game. In fact it's more of a worker placement Euro than anything. Based on one read through of the rules I'm guessing this is a middle weight game where timing could play a crucial role to your success. It sounds interesting and fun... we'll see :)
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,591
Going to be a tough choice this week. Two games I'd like to try.